I'm a twenty something currently living in Los Angeles. This is my curated life.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday in Pictures





















Heading West on Sunset Blvd. has been my solace from our current living situation in Downtown LA. We're moving in a couple of months, and the number one contender (With Los Feliz a close second) for our next neighborhood is Silver Lake. Silver Lake is a perfect little pocket in LA, with lovely people, unique shopping, great food + markets, and beautiful scenery of the surrounding hills.
 
With one day off a week, and a love of the neighborhood, Sunday's are usually easy, head west, and see what you can find.

Today, we stopped by Eco Apothecary and met Danielle, the sweet owner of the shop who helped us mix our own creations of lotions, shaving oil, argan oil, and even hand sanitizers! Her setup is awesome- BYOB, or, buy her assortment of affordable jars and bottles for the Vegan, Paraben Free products, and pay per ounce. Each product gets up to two essential oils mixed in. Danielle hand mixes and labels each product in an adorable fashion.
The shop is simple and tastefully decorated, with hand crafted tables and re-purposed ribbons and fabrics in every corner. Her dad was there helping her around the shop, which made me miss living close to my own family. I was able to pick up necessities at a fabulous price compared to Whole Foods. Aside from the BYOB concept, the coolest thing about Eco Apothecary is the ability to add oils of your choice to any product. My favorite oils are Sweet Milk and Brown Sugar + Fig. Love!
Next trip,  I'm bringing some of my bottles and jars! Go check this place out,  it far beats any overpriced store in the mall, and we're lucky to have this in the neighborhood!

To appease the boyfriend, who was so patient throughout the process of making my new products, we headed a few minutes down Sunset Blvd. into Echo Park to try tacos at the locally famed Guisados and it was nothing short of impressive, as expected. I recommend the Pescado!

No meal is perfect without being followed by a cup of coffee, even more so at Intelligentsia at the Junction!

Sunday, Fin!

No comments:

Post a Comment