I'm a twenty something currently living in Los Angeles. This is my curated life.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Hello, Friday

It's Friday. Enjoy an amazing track, Letter of Intent, by Ducktails featuring synth work from Oneohtrix Point Never's Daniel Lopatin, and vocals from Jessa Farkas of Future Shuttle. Ducktails is Real Estate guitarist Matt Mondanile's project that includes fellow New Jersey natives Big Troubles. Their latest record  The Flower Lane was released 1/29 by Domino. It's effing amazeballs. There's just no other way to really put it. Well to say things more eloquently, the album has a certain level of musical sophistication that differs from the surf-pop suburban rock sounds of Real Estate, which makes this a great listen for fans of both bands, proving a Matt Mondandile's versatility as an artist.  I find the album to check out as seductive,  jazzy and dreamy. Make sure you give each track on the album a listen. This album will be on repeat, indefinitely. I'm not even sure I could wear it out, it's that good.

Mondandile & Farkas; photo featured in Vogue



Audio/video via SUNDAYNYT

Also, it's NYFW and my emails and Twitter feeds are all about the hype. If I were a financially advantaged individual, I'd invest in this entire re-imagined punk collection by Rachel Comey. Holy-cute-striped-dress-in-photo 17.

Yeah, I will keep dreaming on that one. I'd love to get my hands on at least one of her pieces, ever, someday! Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment