I'm a twenty something currently living in Los Angeles. This is my curated life.

Friday, February 22, 2013

For rent



As you've noticed, my internet presence has been dwindling as of lately. We're almost one month away from moving out of our current apartment. I've been spending most of my time pondering if I will ever be happy in Los Angeles, while stalking even the most cryptic Craigslist posts, filtering through way to many toilet bowl close-ups...who really needs the toilet close up? The past year has been very impacting on my outlook on this city and where I choose to call home. You'd be surprised what a year of living in an interior loft in a less than moderately gentrified part of the city does to the psyche. Our impending move could change my whole outlook on the city, and save hundreds in future therapy, if chosen carefully.  I know in my gut that Los Angeles is not where I will end up, it's just not my cuppa tea.
Right now, we live here, we work here, need a place to be comfortable, which makes this is move a very precise task at hand. Apartment hunting is not as simple as picking the best looking place here in L.A. It's all about location, down to each corner you turn. I hope that I end up North of the 101, south of the 5, west of Echo Park, north east of LACC and not one bit further west than Hillhurst, with several stipulations between( This is how you think when you look for apartments in this city) and that I sign a lease to rent an apartment, and rejuvenate my clarity and happiness that previous apartments once brought to me.

If there's anything that I'm learning, it's that this lovely app is brilliant, check out the "Alert" feature that allows you to zoom into areas and create filters for real-time push notifications on new listings.

Have you ever lived in a place that you just couldn't wait to leave? How do you bear through the difficulty of moving? I'm truly dreading the closet packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment