I'm a twenty something currently living in Los Angeles. This is my curated life.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Girls

HBO Girls. As I've written before (Why I Love Girls), I <3 Girls. Lena Dunham is brilliant, and the voice of a generation. We're three episodes into Season 2 and the girls are undoubtedly changing each episode.  I won't go into details, as I'm a past victim of spoilers, but I encourage you to share your thoughts about the new season in the comments below.

If you still haven't watch Girls, Sundays at 9pm on HBO, through the liberal use of nudity, fuck ups, and raw emotion, you will learn things about yourself. Hannah Horvath is teaching me through each episode that success is subjective, happiness is key, and you can screw up and live to see tomorrow.



The bonus to watching the show is the wardrobe design, which is attention grasping in itself. The show is set in a an uber hip Williamsburg Brooklyn setting,  and the wardrobe follows suit.
The series costume designer Jenn Rogien recently revealed to New York Magazine her secrets on dressing the girls of Girls, and finding the perfect pair of gross underwear here.

Image via USA Today

No comments:

Post a Comment