I'm a twenty something currently living in Los Angeles. This is my curated life.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Foxygen


Every Tuesday I immediately open my Spotify, head straight for the Pitchfork app, and gander at what's new in music. Last week, I was pleasantly surprised to find the new album We Are the Ambassadors of Peace and Magic by Foxygen, the LA based duo, Sam France and Jonathan Rado. Their music is a mix of modern indie and lots of influences of vintage sound. A little Rolling Stones influence here, and some Lou Reed, there. The album is witty and playful with strong storytelling through lyrics, plus the songs are just darn catchy. Is there anything else we really need on a Tuesday?

My favorite tracks on the album are  "On Blue Mountain" and "Shuggie" but it's so hard to choose just one on the album when each song nods to a different influence. "Shuggie" has the sexy chilled vibes reminiscent of Serge Gainsbourg's music (Right, I hear a little Je T'Aime Moi Non Plus? Pamela Popo?)

 Check it out:


Image of the boys via  JAGJAGUWAR

What are your favorite recent releases?

No comments:

Post a Comment